- What is peevish behavior?
- How do you use peevish in a sentence?
- Is pusillanimous a bad word?
- What is a pedantic person called?
- What does peevishness mean?
- What does brusquely mean?
- What does Black guarding mean?
- How do I stop being irritable?
- What does Poltroonery mean?
- What does offhand mean?
- What does hectoring mean?
- What is the meaning of irritable?
- How do you use pusillanimous in a sentence?
- What does scoff mean?
- What do you call a person who gets angry easily?
- Who is an irritable person?
- What does brood mean?
What is peevish behavior?
The definition of peevish is hard to please or having a bad temper.
An example of a peevish person is someone who always starts arguments with others.
How do you use peevish in a sentence?
Sebastian was a sickly, peevish child. A peevish child is unhappy and makes others unhappy. She glared down at me with a peevish expression on her face. The kids were peevish after so long in the car. The whole team was peevish after losing the game.More items…•
Is pusillanimous a bad word?
1. It doesn’t make sense grammatically. Pusillanimous is an adjective — a describing words — not a noun. In the same way you can’t say “Don’t be a quiet” or “Don’t be a small” or “Don’t be a green” or “Don’t be a spicy”, you can’t say “Don’t be a pusillanimous.” You can’t tell people not to be a/an adjective.
What is a pedantic person called?
A pedant is a person who is excessively concerned with formalism, accuracy, and precision, or one who makes an ostentatious and arrogant show of learning.
What does peevishness mean?
complaining a lot: complaining a lot : irritable. Other Words from peevish. peevishly adverb. peevishness noun.
What does brusquely mean?
1 : markedly short and abrupt a brusque reply. 2 : blunt in manner or speech often to the point of ungracious harshness was brusque with the customers.
What does Black guarding mean?
1. ( tr) to ridicule or denounce with abusive language. 2. ( intr) to behave like a blackguard. [C16: originally a collective noun referring to the lowest menials in court, camp followers, vagabonds; see black, guard]
How do I stop being irritable?
7 Quick Ways to Stop Being IrritableFigure out the source. The best way to reduce irritability is to figure out what’s making you irritable—and then address it. … Reduce caffeine and alcohol. … It’s often the little things. … Get in touch with your compassion. … Gain perspective. … Rid yourself of nervous energy. … Get quiet or alone time.
What does Poltroonery mean?
: mean pusillanimity : cowardice.
What does offhand mean?
: without premeditation or preparation : extempore couldn’t give the figures offhand.
What does hectoring mean?
verb. hectored; hectoring\ ˈhek-t(ə-)riŋ \ Definition of hector (Entry 2 of 2) intransitive verb. : to behave in an arrogant or intimidating way : to play the bully : swagger.
What is the meaning of irritable?
: capable of being irritated: such as. a : easily exasperated or excited gets irritable when he tires. b : responsive to stimuli.
How do you use pusillanimous in a sentence?
lacking in courage and manly strength and resolution; contemptibly fearful. 1, He’s too pusillanimous to stand up to his opponents. 2, The authorities have been too pusillanimous in merely condemning the violence.
What does scoff mean?
scoff, jeer, gibe, fleer, sneer, flout mean to show one’s contempt in derision or mockery. scoff stresses insolence, disrespect, or incredulity as motivating the derision. scoffed at their concerns jeer suggests a coarser more undiscriminating derision.
What do you call a person who gets angry easily?
1. Irritable, testy, touchy, irascible are adjectives meaning easily upset, offended, or angered. Irritable means easily annoyed or bothered, and it implies cross and snappish behavior: an irritable clerk, rude and hostile; Impatient and irritable, he was constantly complaining.
Who is an irritable person?
An irritable person is not easy-going and often not very easy to be around. You might feel like you’re “walking on eggshells,” or being extra careful not to upset your brother when he’s in an irritable mood.
What does brood mean?
transitive verb. 1a : to sit on or incubate (eggs) b : to produce by or as if by incubation : hatch. 2 of a bird : to cover (young) with the wings. 3 : to think anxiously or gloomily about : ponder I used to brood these things on my walk— Christopher Morley.